Friday, April 1, 2016

immeasurably more of what?

In Ephesians 3:20 God's word proclaims that God's Spirit which is at work within us will do the immeasurably more.  Just what is the immeasurably more?  Within the direct context the immeasurably more seems to be experiencing God's love which surpasses our knowledge.  An experiential knowledge of His love that grows more and more when we pray prayers like this, "Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts.  See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting."  If I want the immeasurable more of God in my life, I need to pray prayers led by the Spirit (His word).  Prayers like this; search me, break me, and fill me.  Simply, I need to confess more.  Jesus said that if we are forgiven much (broken and filled much) we will love much.  We will respond lavishly, the immeasurably more way.

No comments:

Post a Comment