Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Just Chillin


So, I have been prepping for the Easter Sunday message reading and re-reading the Gospel texts.  I can't get Matthew 28:2 out of my head and heart.  Specifically the part that says that not only the angel rolled the stone away but that the angel sat on it.  He sat on it.  What's up with that?  The picture I have in my head is the picture of the angel just chillin.  Why?  Jesus, just rose.  His guy is victorious.  I think he sat because he didn't have a care in the world, he was taking a load off, just taken it easy proclaiming the message to us that because Jesus rose we can chill.   Jesus said, "Cast all your anxiety on me."  He also said, "Do not worry."  We are invited once again by Heaven, "To come and see."  May God enable us to sit on the rock, to sit on Jesus, to sit on His word, and in that may we chill.

No comments:

Post a Comment