Thursday, March 10, 2016

Where IT belongs.

      So, we are starting a new sermon series this weekend that is going to take us through Easter.  We are calling it, "Weight."  This weekend we are going to dig into Hebrews 12 and talk about the weight of sin.  The format of the sermon this week is going to be a bit different because of the sin that Hebrews 12 addresses and the fact that I am hoping to keep the sermon somewhere between a G & PG.  Sexual Immorality is one of the 3 specific sins that Hebrews 12 mentions so we are going to go with IT.  Yep.
      The other day I was taking Toby "10" and Graham "7" into school which is also where I work.  In my hand I had a book called, "talking to your kids about sex."  So, I showed both the boys the title of the book, they both can read, and I decided to have a little talk with them.  The little talk went about 2 minutes.  I simply asked Toby who are you allowed to have sex with.  Toby's response simply and profoundly was, "My wife dad."  Then I reminded them both that I am here to talk if they ever have questions and then I prayed the rest of the day for my children that they will be able to fight against and flee from the temptations that they will face and if they fall in a sexual sin that they will experience the restoration power of forgiveness.
      O God let Your word carry more weight than the weighty sin that is so real in our lives.  Search us, break us, fill us, mold us, and use us.   Crush the weight of sin once again with your Weighty (glorious) GRACE! 

2 comments: